The Visualization Portal (commonly referred to as virtual reality rooms or immersive environments) is an entryway into much of the research and instruction being done at UCLA.
The Portal can be made available to schools, following these guidelines:
- Sixth grade classes and higher only; the Portal does not have content relevant for students in lower grades.
- Classes must have a specific interest in Portal content (e.g. Roman Forum, etc.)
- School-supplied adult supervision is required.
- The Portal is not an appropriate facility for schools to hold assemblies with their own content.
- A speaker and “flyer” must be arranged by the teacher to present Portal content; OIT/IDRE does not have staff available to deliver discipline-specific content or fly models.