TIE-INS (Together In Education In Neighborhood Schools) is a collaboration between UCLA and:
- Braddock Drive Elementary School
- Beethoven Street Elementary School
- Broadway Elementary School
- Brockton Avenue Elementary School
- Nora Sterry Elementary School
- Emerson Community Charter Middle School
- Mark Twain Middle School
- University High School Charter
- Venice High School
The collaboration enables children of UCLA employees who live outside the attendance area to go to these eight public schools. In exchange, UCLA—with guidance from the schools’ leaders—provides assistance and enrichment in support of high achievement for all students in these schools.
The UCLA TIE-INS program strives to expand University and K-12 school partnerships that respect and strengthen each school’s capacity to improve student learning and achievement. We work collaboratively with principals and teachers to identify individual and collective needs of our partner schools and match UCLA resources to enhance the learning opportunities that ultimately benefit all students.